TBogg has predictions about the election:
- No matter how many seats the Democrats take in the House it won’t be enough to keep the Republican echo chamber from pointing out that it most certainly is not a mandate, while all the time whining about the loss of control of the commitees.
- Joe Lieberman is going to win and it will somehow translate as support for the war and civility and common sense…and nobody in the media will point out what a sleazy campaign he ran.
- Several Republican congressmen with ethical clouds hanging over them will be re-elected only to have to step down later when indictments are handed down
- You will see one politician elected who does not represent your district or state and you will wonder what the hell is wrong with the people of that district or state. That politician will probably be Tom Tancredo.
- You should probably TIVO Katherine Harris’ concession speech so you can play it later at parties
My prediction is that no matter how many seats the Democrats win, it will be characterized as a disappointing amount, given how far ahead in the polls they were.
UPDATE: The ever-reliable Adam Nagourney‘s getting a head start in proving me right.